Scaling Postgres Episode 68 | Prepared Plans | Materialization | Recursive CTEs | Safe Migrations
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we discuss prepared plans, materialization, recursive CTEs and how to run safe database migrations.
- Tech preview: How PostgreSQL 12 handles prepared plans
- Tech preview: Improving COPY and bulkloading in PostgreSQL 12
- Rethinking the Database Materialized View as an Index
- Checking the sequences status on a single pass
- FizzBuzz (in both plpgsql and SQL)
- A recursive CTE to get information about partitions
- [YouTube] rails db:migrate:safely by Matt Duszynski
- [YouTube] When it all goes Wrong (with Postgres) by Will Leinweber
- [YouTube] Postgres & Rails 6 Multi-DB: Pitfalls, Patterns, Performance by Gabe Enslein
- Indexes in PostgreSQL — 10 (Bloom)
- What's New in Crunchy PostgreSQL Operator 4.0