Scaling Postgres Episode 57 | Checking Vacuum | Fast Distinct Count | Group By Speed Up | Health Check
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we review articles covering checking on vacuum, how to get a fast distinct count and speed up group by and a health check playbook.
- Scaling PostgreSQL: Check your Vacuum!
- Best way to count distinct indexed things in PostgreSQL
- Speeding up GROUP BY in PostgreSQL
- A health check playbook for your Postgres database
- Indexes in PostgreSQL — 4 (Btree)
- Waiting for PostgreSQL 12 – REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
- Loading Data Into PostgreSQL
- Where and when you need a root.crt file
- GeoJSON Features from PostGIS
- Text search: a custom dictionary to avoid long words
- pgBackRest archiving tricks