Adopting PgCat, Time Bins, work_mem Settings, Bad Constraints | Scaling Postgres 257
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we discuss Instacart adopting PgCat, binning or bucketing your data by time, the best settings for work_mem and how to avoid bad check constraints.
- Adopting PgCat: A Nextgen Postgres Proxy
- Easy PostgreSQL Time Bins
- Everything you know about setting `work_mem` is wrong.
- Breaking your PostgreSQL database with bad CHECK constraints
- Inside logical replication in PostgreSQL: How it works
- System roles – what, why, how?
- How collation works
- The Wonders of Postgres Logical Decoding Messages
- UUIDs vs Serial for Primary Keys - what's the right choice?
- Postgres 15 highlight - Custom WAL Resource Managers
- Table Maintenance after Bulk Modifications
- PostgreSQL Patch of Interest (To Me): Documentation Linking
- Building an AI-powered ChatBot using Vercel, OpenAI, and Postgres
- pg_timetable v5.3 is out!
- Vincent Picavet
- Features Your Editor Should Have With Amir Rajan | Rubber Duck Dev Show 78