Scaling Postgres Episode 245 ENUMs vs Check Constraints, Faceting With Roaring Bitmaps, Better Scaling, In DB Business Logic
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we discuss ENUMs vs. check constraints, querying table facets with roaring bitmaps, a better way to handle scaling and whether you should store your business logic in Postgres.
- Enums vs Check Constraints in Postgres
- Faceting large result sets in PostgreSQL
- pgfaceting Extension
- Roaring Bitmaps and pgfaceting: Fast counting across large datasets in Postgres
- ISO Better Scaling, Instacart Drops Postgres for Amazon DynamoDB
- Rubber Duck Dev Show Episode 68 | Should You Store Business Logic In Your Database?
- Debugging Postgres WAL events with pg_walinspect
- The bountiful world of Postgres indexing options
- PGSQL Phriday #003: What is the PostgreSQL Community to me
- Postgres support for JSON is 10 years old!
- Aleš Zelený