Scaling Postgres Episode 238 Slow Updates, Lateral Joins, Serial To Identity, PG 15 Changes
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we discuss why and what to do when updates are slow, use cases for lateral joins, moving from serial to identity for auto-incrementing ids and changes to Postgres 15.
- Why are my PostgreSQL updates getting slower?
- 5mins of Postgres E40: How to debug slow Postgres UPDATEs and bloated tables with auto_explain & page_inspect
- For each loops with LATERAL Joins
- Migrate PostgreSQL ID’s from serial to identity after upgrading to Django 4.1
- Postgres 15 Configuration Changes
- postgresql.conf comparison
- Exclusive Backup Mode Finally Removed in Postgres 15
- PostgreSQL 15: logging in JSON
- Postgres 15 Adds Copy Header and Matching
- Upgrading PostgreSQL 14 to 15 on Fedora, RHEL, CentOS, Rocky, Alma Linux with PGDG RPM packages
- Using pg_upgrade to upgrade PostgreSQL 9.6 PostGIS 2.4 to PostgreSQL 15 3.3 on Yum
- PostgreSQL at the PASS Data Community SUMMIT 2022
- Stored procedures
- Cédric Duprez
- Rubber Duck Dev Show Episode 62 | Staying Off The Rails With Joel Drapper