Scaling Postgres Episode 164 Fast Random Rows | Fast Distinct Queries | Temp & Unlogged Tables | Terminating Connections
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we discuss selecting random rows quickly, faster distinct queries, how replication handles temp and unlogged tables and how to terminate connections.
- Getting random rows faster. Very much faster.
- How we made DISTINCT queries up to 8000x faster on PostgreSQL
- To WAL or not to WAL? When unlogged becomes logged…
- Terminating database connections in PostgreSQL
- Creating PostgreSQL Test Data with SQL, PL/pgSQL, and Python
- Jsonb Multi-Column Type Casting
- Jsonpath: ** Operator and Lax Mode Are't Meant to Be Together.
- Using Kubernetes? Chances Are You Need a Database
- (The Many) Spatial Indexes of PostGIS
- OpenStreetMap to PostGIS is getting lighter
- Publishing maps with Geoserver and PostGIS
- Dave Page