Scaling Postgres Episode 143 Microsoft SQL Server Compatible | Time Series Performance | Feature Casualties | BLOB Cleanup
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we discuss Microsoft SQL server compatibility, the performance of time series DBs, DB feature casualties and how to clean up BLOBs.
- AWS announces Babelfish: open source Postgres with SQL Server compatibility
- Want more PostgreSQL? You just might like Babelfish
- TimescaleDB vs. Amazon Timestream: 6000x higher inserts, 5-175x faster queries, 150x-220x cheaper
- Feature Casualties of Large Databases
- BLOB cleanup in PostgreSQL
- Infographic: 5 Things to Include on Your PostgreSQL Security Checklist
- Running PgBouncer on AWS Elastic Container Service
- How pgBackRest is Addressing Slow PostgreSQL WAL Archiving Using Asynchronous Feature
- Replacing Lines of Code with 2 Little Regexs in Postgres
- Deploy Pgpool-II on Kubernetes to Achieve Query Load Balancing and Monitoring
- Evolution of tree data structures for indexing: more exciting than it sounds
- PostGIS Trajectory: Space plus Time
- 2020 PG Asia Conference Ended Successfully at an Unprecedented Scale!
- Stéphane Schildknecht