Scaling Postgres Episode 142 Insert vs. Update | Select * Performance | Debezium Set Up | Standardizing Data
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we discuss inserts vs. updates, select * performance, how to set up Debezium and methods to standardize data.
- Insert-only data modelling to smooth peaks on slow disks
- Reasons why SELECT * is bad for SQL performance
- Setting up PostgreSQL for Debezium
- Using Postgres for Statistics: Centering and Standardizing Data
- Postgres: The batteries included database
- PostgreSQL High Availability: Setup and Uptime Considerations
- Making Postgres stored procedures 9X faster in Citus
- Combining pgBackRest dedicated repository host and Streaming Replication
- PgBouncer 1.15.0
- Waiting for PostGIS 3.1: Grid Generators
- Pavel Stehule