Scaling Postgres Episode 12 | The Future | Slow Counts | Avoid Or | Replication
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we review articles covering the future of databases, why counting is slow, the best ways to avoid ORs, and all about replication.
- It's the future (for databases)
- Postgres, MVCC, and you or, Why COUNT(*) is slow (David Wolever)
- Avoiding “OR” for better query performance
- PostgreSQL Data Types: Point
- An Overview of the Serial Pseudo-Datatype for PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL Replication
- PG Phriday: BDR Around the Globe