Scaling Postgres Episode 102 UUID Use Cases | pg_settings | Automated Restore | Parallel Future
Get New Episodes Weekly!
In this episode of Scaling Postgres, we discuss the use cases for UUIDs, using pg_settings, setting up an automated restore and the future of parallelism.
- Why I’m not fan of uuid datatype
- Natural versus Surrogate Primary Keys in a Distributed SQL Database — The Distributed SQL Blog
- Generate a UUID as PostgreSQL default value
- Take advantage of pg_settings when dealing with your configuration
- Compression of PostgreSQL WAL Archives Becoming More Important
- Automated Testing of PostgreSQL Backups
- QParallelism, what next?
- shared_buffers: Looking into the PostgreSQL I/O cache
- Which tables should be auto vacuumed or auto analyzed – UPDATE
- Waiting for PostgreSQL 13 – Add %x to default PROMPT1 and PROMPT2 in psql
- Have An Eye On Locks Of PostgreSQL
- [Tool] pg_flame